Friday, February 27, 2009

I am a SURVIVOR!!!!

YES! I survived my first--and I am sure there are many more to come--birthday party for Jordan in our home. In the past we have always been able to just have a small get together with a few friends and family at our all time favorite Chick-Fil-A but this year Jordan started planning this huge 18-person slumber party that she thought she was having for her birthday. NOT!! I am not ready for the major sleepover yet. I am sure I would be driving home half of the 6-year-olds home in the middle of the night and I do not like to be disturbed when I am sleeping! Over a matter of time, I was able to talk her into having a party on her brithday which was Friday, the 13th, with about 6 friends.




We had Savannah, Samantha, Jayden, Josie, Grace, Alex, and Kylie over. We actually had a great time. When all the girls came over, they played outside well past dark and then came in for pizza, cake, and ice cream. We then became artsy-crafty and made Valentines for their parents. Then came the presents.






Then I put Bill in charge and they played the Wii for the rest of the evening. There was a lot of girly giggling and shrieking going on, and for those of you that know me well, I am not girly. I looked at my mother at one point in the evening and said, "God gave me three daughters. How in the world am I going to survive three girly birthday parties a year for how many years??!! Because, you know, we had so much fun, Reagan is now already planning her birthday party in May. I guess I better get ready!!

1 comment: